Re: gcc - gdb compatibility issue

hi,
I tried compiling with '-g -O0' option, result is same.
Since I am not using a well known architecture , i need to port gdb to my architecture.
gcc --version gives gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 20061011 (Red Hat 4.1.1-30).

The problem here is ,it is generating local variables address but not in the current frame. But when I compile
with '-g -O0 -fvar-tracking ' I got partial correct information .
Let me explain with an example :
int main()
{
volatile int a, b , c;
a =10;
b =20;
c =add(a,b);
return 0;
}

int add(int x, int y)
{
return x+y;
}

With '-g -O0' all the local variable's address i.e a,b,c generated is wrong.
with '-g -O0 -fvar-tracking ' a,b 's address is generated correct. c variable's address is wrong.
I am confident that there is no error from compiler side . So, I am asking for any compatibility issue regarding gcc-gdb versions.

sumanth

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 10:17 PM, sumanth