This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [Ada/dwarf] New DW_AT_GNAT_descriptive_type DWARF attribute...
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:02:53 -0600
- Subject: Re: [Ada/dwarf] New DW_AT_GNAT_descriptive_type DWARF attribute...
- References: <20090417161934.GW7585@adacore.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> writes:
Joel> But the reality is that we don't see this happening in the near
Joel> future. As we've come to accept this fact, we at AdaCore think
Joel> that it would be useful to others to be able to take advantage
Joel> of this attribute.
I think you should trust your judgment here; you're the expert in this
Joel> The changes in GDB are relatively small, I think - at least in
Joel> the DWARF reader part. We added a field in the gnat_specific part
Joel> of struct type, and I can see how it could trigger some protests.
Joel> But we can discuss the specifics of the patch if there are no
Joel> objections to this new attribute.
I don't see a gnat_specific part of struct type at all. Is this from
an unsubmitted change?
If struct type is a major space problem, we can counteract that by
changing the type implementation. Jan sent some ideas about this to
the gdb-patches list a while ago. I'm not sure this is all that big
an issue, though I am also not completely certain. Numbers would