This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Reporting proper line for breakpoints of non-executable lines (was: Re: RFC: preserve line number when skipping prologue)
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Marc Khouzam <marc dot khouzam at ericsson dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 16:00:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: Reporting proper line for breakpoints of non-executable lines (was: Re: RFC: preserve line number when skipping prologue)
- References: <6D19CA8D71C89C43A057926FE0D4ADAA0748B502@ecamlmw720.eamcs.ericsson.se>
> Do it make sense?
I think we should have the right line being reported at least at
the MI level. For the CLI, I'm less definitive, but I would certainly
prefer if the debugger told me the actual line rather than the one
I chose. Perhaps we could experiment with changing the behavior
at the CLI level too, and see if anyone complains.