Re: improved thread id reporting

> Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 09:19:34 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Mark Kettenis <mark.kettenis@xs4all.nl>
> CC: dje@google.com, gdb@sourceware.org
>
> > Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 21:11:34 -0400
> > From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>

> > > Even as a user-settable option?
> >
> > IMO, yes.  I don't think we need more settable options for details of
> > output formatting; 98% or so of users will use the default, so that's
> > the part that matters.
>
> Seconded.

Then we appear to have a draw, because I happen to agree with Doug.

And I really don't understand the argument against a user option: it
wasn't suggested as a means to get what, according to Daniel and Mark,
the majority of users need; it was suggested as a means for Doug (and
other minorities) to get what they want.  An option that is used in
rare situations by people with unconventional requests can hardly do
any real harm, because if Daniel and Mark are right, no one except
Doug will ever miss it or even know it exists.