ARM VFP support

I'm working on an embedded Linux project, and recently had to debug
some floating-point code.  It would seem that ARM's VFP co-processor
isn't currently supported in GDB on Linux, due to a lack of support in
both GDB proper as well as a lack of kernel facilities to retrieve the
appropriate register data.  I did find that a patch has recently been
accepted upstream in the kernel to add the necessary ptrace()
infrastructure for it
(http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=3d1228ead618b88e8606015cbabc49019981805d),
but this is obviously quite new.

Has anyone yet attempted to add VFP support to GDB, now that the
kernel support for it exists?  I'm considering trying to hack in at
least some basic register viewing support to assist in my debugging
here, but if somebody happens to already have a work-in-progress of
this I'd be interested in seeing it.

Thanks,
Matt