Re: gdbserver on sh4

Hi,

Paul Mundt wrote:
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:02:38AM +0200, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
Paul Mundt wrote:
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:23:18AM +0200, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
The problem is kernel side and not gdb side. I send a patch to the
linux-sh mailing list. They save the dsp register on the stack before
the processor cpu register but the offset of the struct is wrong
calculated and if the linux kernel is compiled with the dsp option
the PEEKUSR return the wrong register value.
The sanest thing really is just to throw the DSP state in to the thread
struct as we do with the FPU, and kill off all of the special DSP state
handling we have today. It costs us a thread flag to do lazy context
I just send a patch that put the dsp state in the thread struct

You sent a patch that cached the enable/disable state in the thread
struct, not the register state. ;-)

switching, but it's worth it to get that crap out of the regular register
save/restore paths, which is just way too fragile, and has not seen any
real maintenance since SH3-DSP.
So move the save/restore part of the dsp in private data of task and do like
mips?

Yes.
Ok, I will try to provide a new patch to move out the dsp save/restore part from the
stack and move all on the thread privata data.

Michael