Re: gdbserver on sh4

Hi,

binom wrote:
Dear michael ,
In your reply message it's written that "I fix this problem".
Can you pl explain what was the problem and and which is the components to
be updated for incorporating this fix?
Below given is the details of the host side GDB and target side gdbserver.
sh4-linux-gdb --version
GNU gdb STMicroelectronics/Linux Base 6.5-33 [build Jul 30 2008]
conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=sh4-linux".
The problem is kernel side and not gdb side. I send a patch to the linux-sh
mailing list. They save the dsp register on the stack before the processor cpu register
but the offset of the struct is wrong calculated and if the linux kernel is compiled
with the dsp option the PEEKUSR return the wrong register value.

Michael