GDB bt command and core dumps

Hi,

I'm working on an ARM9 platform (running Linux 2.6.18) and using gdb
6.6 compiled for the platform. My application is a multithreaded
application and on a crash it generates core of around 200MByte. I'm
looking to reduce the size of the core file and I _only_ need gdb 'bt'
command output ; no other debugging information (i.e I'm only
interested in the call trace)

- I tried ulimit -c command but the core produced are not useful in most cases
- I changed kernels fs/binfmt_elf.c file and modified maydump function
to just add crashed thread's stack in the core but no success

What all information should be present in the core file so that bt
output works reliably. Is stack of crashed thread not enough ? My
application is compiled with -O2 (hence -fomit-frame-pointer)

Thanks

--
Amol
Sent from: Bangalore KA India.