Re: Support pipes in the run command.

El jue, 05-03-2009 a las 18:59 +0200, Oguz Kayral escribiÃ:
> >> Thiago > 3. Support pipes in the run command (this may be too small for a GSoC);
> >>
> >> I'm planning to spend some nights on this before GSoC starts.
>
> > Nice. Let me know if you need help. I think you won't have to mess with
> > ugly parts of GDB internals, so it's a good feature to start.
>
> Tom Tromey told me that redirecting output was already implemented in
> gdb. So what were you meaning in this e-mail?

We do have redirection, but not pipe support, i.e., having output come
from another command, not a file. But perhaps what he means is that
since we have redirection, lack of pipe support can be worked around by
redirecting the output of the first command in the pipe to a file, and
then debug your program reading from that file.

Still, IMHO it's better to directly support this use case. I've seen
people ask about it in #gdb.
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann