Re: CVS Head Compile Failure

El lun, 02-03-2009 a las 11:33 -0800, Joel Brobecker escribiÃ:
> > Thanks.  I have been avoiding "cvs up -Pd"  since it pulls
> > in the rest of the one build tree but apparently it was
> > needed this time.
> >
> > It builds now.
>
> Excellent. I avoid the "-d" switch too, for the very same reason.
> I don't know if you did a "cvs up -d common" or a plain "cvs up -d",
> but you might have pulled more than necessary (in particular in
> the testsuite directory, such as testsuite/gdb.tk), and that might
> cause you some trouble later. When I need to pull one directory,
> I specify exactly which one I want.

Just FYI: I don't use cvs update at all. I have a "src -> ." link in the
src dir, and from there I do a "cvs -d $(cat CVS/Root) co gdb". Tends to
work well, except for this weird half-patch issue I posted a message
about.
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann