GDB Remote protocol error codes

Hi,

Is there a general scheme for error reply codes ('Exx') in the GDB remote
protocol?  The documentation is unclear on this point.  _Some_ of the commands
mandate an errno return, but not all, and from whose set of errnos?  And does
this apply to all commands?

Can the gdb.info file be updated to make this more clear please?

I need to know this so that I can fix up the error returns made by the FRV
arch gdbstub in the Linux kernel.

Thanks,
David