Re: new siginfo support doesn't build on glibc 2.2.2

On Monday 09 February 2009 21:07:41, Doug Evans wrote:
> fyi, glibc 2.2.2 doesn't have si_timerid, si_overrun.  compilation of
> amd64-linux-nat.c fails.

Bummer.  According to sigaction(2), those exist only since kernel
2.6.  Those are defines, we could #ifdef on them, assuming we're
ok with a gdb built on that platform and then moved to some more
recent glibc will not translate those fields.

I don't know if the siginfo layout in that version is the same
as defined by the gdbarch callback, or even if your glibc's siginfo_t
declaration matches your kernel's siginfo_t object layout --- there's
a history of breakage on these matters.

> Dunno how old a glibc we intend to support for 7.0.

Could you try ifdefing those fields, and see what comes out of
$_siginfo; and taking a peek at your headers, to see if we're
doing something reasonable?  We have a couple of siginfo related
testcases that may help as small test apps.

--
Pedro Alves