Re: Don't step into STL

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Nick Roberts <nickrob@snap.net.nz> wrote:
>  > Is there anyway to set the debugger so when I "step into", it doesn't get
>  > into crazy stuff (ie. vector.h) that I haven't written?

How could GDB know what you have, and what you haven't written yet?

>> Ie. only step into
>> until a step would step outside of files in my project?

By the same token, GDB has no idea what constitutes your project,
and what doesn't.

> I don't think so but it would be neat if GDB could be made to step into a
> function when that line has debug information was available and over when it
> wasn't.

With STL templates, if your source is compiled with debug info, then any
STL you #include and use will have it as well.

There is an idea to implement a "step into the outermost function on current
line, without stepping into any functions used to set up parameters".

Will that address your actual needs?
Maybe it will get done this year ...

Cheers,
--