latest gdb snapshot issues with ecos binaries

Hi All,

I am running Ubuntu 8.10 and I built a program for (Jan 11 CVS snapshot of) eCos targeted at an i686, using gcc-4.2.3 but when I tried to run the produced binary I got this error message:

GNU gdb 6.8
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
/extra_drive/johnc/GnuToolChainBuild/bld/i686-pc-linux-gnu/src/gcc-4.2.3/gdb-6.8/gdb/dwarf2-frame.c:1837: internal-error: decode_frame_entry_1: Assertion `fde->cie != NULL' failed.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.

This is using yesterday's snapshot (Jan 22) of GDB from CVS. I got the same thing when I used the version of gdb that came with gcc-4.2.3
Does anyone know what's going wrong or of a workaround?

Thanks,
Michael

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.