Re: Discussing the next GDB release (GDB 7.0?)

Hi Teawater,

> > Do we need process record and replay in 7.0 release?
> > It's in submit process.

> And catch syscall? I think it hang too.

Neither of these features seem critical to me, but that's only
a personal opinion. As GDB Maintainer, I think of my role as being
the technician that implements the recommendations of the GDB
Maintainers. If the maintainers think this is critical, then
I'll add them to the list as blocking for the release.

That being said, this does not mean that they will not make it
for the release. If they get checked in before we branch, then
they're in...

Regarding the "process record" series of patches, I hesitate to
review them, because I know there has been some discussion that
I had to zap because I was too busy at the time. Hopefully the
persons involved in the discussion at the time can also review
your patches.  If not, I'll be home by the end of the month -
could you send me personally the links to the discussions and
the patches, and I'll try to take a look.

Regarding the "catch syscall", same thing. There was a long debate,
and I zappped it. Same suggestion.

--
Joel