Discussing the next GDB release (GDB 7.0?)

Hello,

It's been a while since the last release, and I'd like to start
discussing the next release...

I checked the ``Next Release'' page in our Wiki and it mentions
documetation action-items mostly for non-stop and MI [Pedro,
Vladimir]. I think that this part will be relatively pain free.

To me, the only major deciding factor will be Python support.
We decided to delay a bit the release to give our Python support
a little bit of time to mature. I think that a little status
report on this project, and maybe suggestions as to what we'd
like to add to the FSF tree would be a nice starting point for
discussion.

I also propose that the next release has version number 7.0.
If everyone agrees, I'll try to create a wiki page for this
release, and move the action items from the "next release"
page to this page.

Anything else that you'd like to be put on the list for
this release?

--
Joel