Re: std::string and MI

>>>>> "AndrÃ" == Andrà PÃnitz <apoenitz@trolltech.com> writes:

[...]
AndrÃ> In both cases the 'std::' namespace is missing from the type.

AndrÃ> As the "namespace foo" example above shows, this can't be the general
AndrÃ> problem with namespaces, as "foo::string" is reported as I expected.

AndrÃ> Does anybody know how to tweak gdb's settings so that it produces the
AndrÃ> std:: namespace, too?

I didn't look at this example, but in other cases where "whatis"
printed something odd, I have tracked the problem down to weird debug
info.  You might take a look at that.  IOW, it may not be gdb's
decision.  There's a GCC PR or two in this area.

Tom