GDB for multiple targets

Hi,

I would like to have one GDB binary on Linux to debug different targets:
Linux and Dicos.
I built GDB with --enable-targets=i686-ericsson-dicos so I get Linux by
default, and Dicos as a possibility.

From what I understand, to debug a Dicos target, I need 'set osabi
DICOS'

I'm trying to find out how difficult it would be (if at all possible),
for GDB to, instead, automatically
detect the target after a 'target remote' command.

The reason for this is to have the DSF-GDB frontend simply be able to
connect to a target, without
requiring the user to specify which type.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Marc