Re: Symbol tables for separately linked pieces

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 03:55:58PM +0100, Andrew STUBBS wrote:
> This solution is less satisfactory when the context change occurs
> frequently, so I've been wondering if there would be a better way to do
> it myself. Some sort of context sensitive thing maybe (select symbols
> from the same source as the current function symbol), or perhaps
> explicitly by name ("break a.elf:main").

I don't have a suggestion, but I do have a hopeful sign: the same sort
of juggling is necessary for a multiple-process-image GDB, which
CodeSourcery's going to be working on once we're finished with
non-stop debugging and multi-process-single-image.  Whatever we come
up with will hopefully be useful for this two image scenario too.

I suspect we'll tell GDB to keep both symbol tables loaded, but have
one current.  But I haven't really thought about it (I'm working on
other things).

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery