Re: gnulib dependency in gdbserver

> I thought so because memmem.c uses SIZE_MAX. However, I now realized
> that I greped in the wrong directory, and now that I grep again in
> the right one, the system stdint.h does seem to provide this macro.
> So it looks like an issue with the way I setup the build or maybe
> the compiler (we've had some issues of this sort a while ago).
> Let me dig in a little more.

Problem solved - the macro definitions are protected by "#if defined
(__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS)", which is not defined by default. Defining
this macro allowed me to build memmem.c, and after fixing another
issue related to init_registers () being "multi-arched", I finally
got an executable.

For my penance, if you think that we could document the contents
of our discussion somewhere, just let me know, and I'll be happy
to do that as my way of thanks. Perhaps in the README file? This
file contains instructions, though, so I'm a little hesitant to
dilute its contents with information that may not be relevant
to the user that just wants to be gdbserver...

--
Joel