Re: Automatic dependency tracking

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
Option two: we could require GNU make. GCC has done this for years,
but binutils does not; it may be premature.
I think requiring GNU make is pretty safe at this point; it's preinstalled on most (all?) modern systems, we've scrubbed out a lot of ancient hosts, and if people really want to build on something old, getting GNU make is going to be among the easier of their tasks.

Stan