Re: Who uses gdbreplay?

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 01:15:31PM -0700, Michael Snyder wrote:
> I guess I'm talking about a separate program that does
> essentially a huge superset of gdbreplay's current functionality,
> using the same input logfile as is currently used by gdbreplay.
>
> In a sense a replacement for gdbreplay, but the existing
> gdbreplay doesn't have to go away, if it serves a purpose.

I've used it for testing... like once every two years.  If it took any
more maintenance than it does I'd probably have dumped it by now, but
it's nice and simple :-)

> Yeah, well -- show me an alternative.  Gdbserver?  Maybe.

There isn't any good GNU alternative that I know of.  But RDA isn't
much of an alternative either if you want to make a GNU program.
Just saying.

> This is an extension of a different project I was working on,
> using rda.  It just occurred to me that I could make it use
> the log files that are used by gdbreplay, and make them
> suddenly really useful.

Wouldn't you need a completely different sort of log file?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery