Asynchronouse progress reporting from GDB Server to gdb using Remote Serial Protocol

Hi,

? We have a GDB Server which manages connections to embedded targets. We
have a monitor command for doing a lengthy operation on the target device.
We want to report the status of this lengthy operation back to gdb
periodically. Is there any support for this in GDB Remote Serial Protocol?

Thanks,
Jiju George