Re: Wiki content license

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
I have added a license notice to the GDB Wiki, based on a discussion
between Micah Cowan (wget maintainer) and Brett Smith (FSF license
compliance).  It's appended below.  The short version is that it lets
us use future text from the wiki in the manual directly, although for
large sections the FSF still recommends we get a copyright assignment.
Code will still need assignment.

Of course, because I added this to an existing Wiki, the "all content"
statement is not strictly true - you can't retroactively apply a
notice that way.  I'm not sure what to do about that.  The only
significant content that applies to are the plotting and STL macro
packages, which are code rather than data anyway, so I don't see a
big problem.  If the owners of those packages object to the license
notice / assignment please let me know.

====
All content (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation. For terms of use,
redistribution, and modification, please see the WikiLicense page.

License for GDB Wiki content

The Free Software Foundation holds the copyright for all GDB code and
documentation. If you make significant contributions to the wiki that
might be useful in the official GDB documentation or source code,
please leave your contact information so we can arrange that if we
want to use your work in GDB.

A bit awkward wording, what exactly is "that" (significant contributions, official GDB documentation, source code are
the only antecedants???)

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this content under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back-Cover Texts.

Copyright Assignment for Wiki Changes

By contributing to any page on this wiki, you agree to assign
copyright for your contribution to the Free Software Foundation. The
Free Software Foundation promises to always use either a verbatim
copying license or a free documentation license when publishing your
contribution.

Does this apply to code? If so, it is a bit informal, and seems to contract para 1.

We grant you back all your rights under copyright, including the rights to copy, modify, and redistribute your contributions. ====