target remote-attach?

Just thinking aloud... we ought to have a sort of "remote-attach"
command, that would allow us to connect to a remote target when it
is already in a "run" state.  Right now the initial handshake
protocol prevents doing that.

The target might be waiting to tell gdb "I stopped because of
a SIGTRAP", or similar, or it might actually be running, and
need to be stopped via a serial BRK or the like.  After that,
we would be in a sane state from which we could do the usual
remote_open handshake.

Or is there something like that already?