Re: Beginner question regarding gdb symbol files

I have another question regarding gdb and debugging.
I would like to debug a plug-in written for a server application. This
plugin is compiled as a shared library that includes symbols.
The server application doesn't come with symbols neither source code.
I have problems debugging my plugin code in these conditions.
I tried to use the --add-gnu-debuglink option to link in the server's
symbols but i am still unable to debug my module. Do i need both the
server symbols and source files? Is it possibile to debug the pluging
using only it's symbols and sources?
Thanks in advance.
Luca

How does gdb behaves when it doesn't see all the source files of a
process? I have this situation