Re: Using dlopen and remote debugging

Am 25.02.2008 um 10:31 schrieb Daniel Jacobowitz:

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:03:09AM -0300, Dr. Rolf Jansen wrote:

In my case this was impossible. The remote machine happened to run
Windows XP and the host Mac OS X. I found no way to let Mac OS X
understand a full path like "C:\path\to\my\exe\and\dll. I needed to patch
gdbserver. In the latest CVS version I changed server.c beginning at line
528 to:

Then just set solib-search-path; GDB will look up the basenames.

I did this to no avail.

There is an additional wrinkle involving path separators, since GDB
is likely to think that is bare filename and not a full path.

Yeah, as I said, the host gdb at the Mac does not understand the path semantics that is send from gdbserver at Windows.

But it should be fixed on the GDB side, not on the target side.

I am comfortable with that - fix it however and whenever you want! Once it is fixed, I will abandon my quick hack. Until that I have a working solution.

This one's been discussed a few times recently.

Discussions are good, solutions are better - even quick 'n dirty ones.

Rolf