Re: New MI maintainer

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Alpár Jüttner <alpar@cs.elte.hu> wrote:
>  Although Nick's responses in this thread are offensive and his
>  statements may even be false, I understand his bad feeling and I must
>  say it - at least partially - justifies his reactions.

I'm comfortable with the decision we made, and how we arrived at it,
but I do regret not explaining to Nick the reasons we decided not to
invite him to evaluate patches for MI.  At the time, explaining seemed
unlikely to be constructive, but perhaps I was also trying to avoid a
possibly unpleasant conversation.  Explaining the decision would have
at least allowed Nick to know for a fact what had happened, instead of
being forced to guess, and tempted to guess the worst.

In situations where someone is expecting a response, and the group
decides not to invite them to take on a responsibility, I think the
group ought to explain their decision to the person in private, even
when doing so is uncomfortable.