(gdb-6.8) Discard breakpoint address if shared library is unloaded

Nick,

We have the following action item for the 6.8 release:

    Discard breakpoint address if shared library is unloaded.
    Partial patch proposed:
       http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2007-11/msg00262.html
       http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2007-11/msg00266.html

This is the only issue left that is not actively being worked on.
I agree it would be nice to avoid this change of output in the 6.8
release, but we need to at least try to fix it in a reasonable amount
of time.

As far as I could tell, the discussions pointed towards the idea
of removing the address and replacing it with "<PENDING>". Can we
expect to see a patch along these lines sometimes soon?

Thanks,
--
Joel