Re: Small remote file transfer protocol adition

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 04:28:31AM +0000, Pedro Alves wrote:
> To be able support this, this proposal adds an optional field
> to the reply packet:
>
> F$(retcode),$(remote_error),$(native_error);

I don't like designing an interface that is going to have to show hex
numbers to the user.  They'd have to figure out that it was a target
error number and look it up themselves.  Despite the localization
issues involved, do you think it might be better to add an error
string if you need the extra detail?  We could put it in the
attachment field.

Could you give me an example of a useful error code which does not map
to one of the POSIX errors?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery