Re: [rfc / remote protocol] ELF segment based qOffsets

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 01:27:33PM +0300, Sergei Poselenov wrote:
> You see, the warnings are caused by the fact that the segment 01 has
> address/size values which wraps to 0 in the following 'if' condition
> introduced by the $subj in elfread.c, elf_symfile_segments():
> && vma < segments[j]->p_vaddr + segments[j]->p_memsz)

Drat.  Yes, this just seems like a bug.  I'll try to fix it later.

> The place above is trivial to fix, but I wonder will be any
> other consequences to the remote debugging of such kind of
> images? (I can't try this at the moment)

I don't think there should be any problems.  There would be a little
trouble debugging code from those sections if the image was relocated
(qOffsets response), but yours shouldn't be; it goes at the address in
the ELF file.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery