Re: help me reduce typing when running gdb

Chris Stankevitz wrote:
Can anyone recommend a way to streamline this process? Particularly Step 3 and Step 5. In MSVC, steps 1-3 is one keystroke (F5) and step 5 is two (SHIFT-F5, F5).

The TUI has some single key commands for stepping and such - I use those a lot. The source view is very nice to have too.

You might also like to check out the history save feature. I have these lines in my .gdbinit:

  set history expansion
  set history save on

Basically it just means that, when you start a new GDB session in the same directory as a previous one, you can hit 'up' and the commands from your last session are still there.

Andrew