Re: Multiple breakpoint locations

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 02:32:42PM +1300, Nick Roberts wrote:
>    * For a C++ constructor, the GCC compiler generates several
>      instances of the function body, used in different cases.
>
> I don't understand what the second breakpoint refers to, or why there may
> be more than one instance.

GCC generates two copies of the constructor.  One is used to construct
whole objects; the other is used to construct not-in-charge virtual
base classes.  You can find out more about this at
http://www.codesourcery.com/cxx-abi/ and in the C++ language standard,
if you're interested.

> So I think, at some point, a separate node, or one grouped with breakpoint
> menus to highlight the differences, would be a good idea.  Other things, like
> needing to include the return type in the template name when specifying a
> breakpoint location could also be included.

If I can find the time, I hope to get this fixed before the end of the
year.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery