Re: Debugging with multiple sections in assembly files.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 05:14:54AM -0800, Robert Norton wrote:
> The problem appears to be that in the case of the multi section asm file
> gcc doesn't emit DW_AT_low_pc and DW_AT_high_pc for the assembly file
> compile unit (try 'make dwarf.diff') because they don't make much sense
> in that case. This means that gdb doesn't load the dwarf symbols for
> that file and hence can't find source line information (as shown by
> running 'info sources' before and after 'info line bar' -- try 'make
> all').

s/gcc/gas/.  gas needs to generate DW_AT_ranges, I would imagine.

This looks to me like:

2006-08-08  Sterling Augustine  <sterling@tensilica.com>

        * dwarf2dbg.c (out_debug_info): Add new parameter ranges_seg
        and emit DW_AT_ranges when code in compilation unit is not
        contiguous.
        (out_debug_abbrev): Emit DW_AT_ranges abbreviation if code in
        is not contiguous.
        (dwarf2_finish): Create and pass ranges_seg to out_debug_info.
        (out_debug_ranges): New function to emit .debug_ranges section
        when code is not contiguous.

Is that patch in your assembler?  If not, can you try a newer one?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery