'g/G' GDB commands

Hello,

I'm trying to make a stub for GDB but i've a question about the 'g/G' commands. I don't really understand the following paragraph :

"The following |g|/|G| packets have previously been defined. In the below, some thirty-two bit registers are transferred as sixty-four bits. Those registers should be zero/sign extended (which?) to fill the space allocated. Register bytes are transferred in target byte order. The two nibbles within a register byte are transferred most-significant - least-significant.
MIPS32 : All registers are transferred as thirty-two bit quantities in the order: 32 general-purpose; sr; lo; hi; bad; cause; pc; 32 floating-point registers; fsr; fir; fp.
MIPS64 : All registers are transferred as sixty-four bit quantities (including thirty-two bit registers such as |sr|). The ordering is the same as |MIPS32|."

The chip I want to debug is the Atmel AT697E and I don't really know which register of the AT697E corresponds to "32 general-purpose", "sr", "lo", "hi", "bad", "cause", "fsr", "fir"... How can I have more information about that ?

Thanks.

--

Guillaume Menant