Re: Multiple breakpoint locations

Andreas Schwab wrote:

> Nick Roberts <nickrob@snap.net.nz> writes:
>
>> Yes, thanks.  It seems strange to me that the return type needs to be
>> specified.  I thought with overloading, people talked about signature
>> which is determined by the name and arguments but not the return type.
>
> For function templates the return type is part of the signature (it can
> be parameterised with a template argument).

I'm not sure it's true. Consider:

        template<class T>
        T foo();

        template<class T>
        void bar();

The value of template parameter is indeed the part of signature.
The return value does not seem to be, since it directly depends
on template parameter, so:

        foo<int>()

quite uniquely specify the type of return value.

- Volodya