Re: GDB cannot access memory after Emacs abort

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:44:29 +0100 Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> wrote:

> Jim Blandy <jimb@codesourcery.com> writes:
>
>> Actually, these are legit X Windows behavior; they're called 'server
>> grabs'.  They're supposed to be rare (for obvious reasons), but if
>> Emacs died while it had the server grabbed, you'd certainly not be
>> able to interact with the debugger in another window.
>
> You can ungrab the server by typing XF86_Ungrab (assigned to C-A-kp-/ by
> default).

I tried this after the desktop lock-up, but it did not release the
desktop.  I also tried XF86_ClearGrab (C-A-kp-*) but this also had no
effect.  Before these attempts I had confirmed with xev that those were
the correct bindings for these commands.

Steve Berman