Re: Multiple breakpoint locations

On Tuesday 13 November 2007 23:09:05 Nick Roberts wrote:
>  > >   (gdb) d 1.1
>  > >   warning: bad breakpoint number at or near '1.1'
>  >
>  > Well, you can't really delete a location -- if breakpoint expression
>  > corresponds to 20 addresses, that's the way it is -- you cannot delete
>  > some of those addresses from the program ;-)
>
> It's not immediately obvious, at least to me, so I think this should be
> documented.  Also I think error should be used for the message instead of
> warning as the requested task is not performed. The message could be more
> helpful too:
>
> (gdb) d 1.1
> This breakpoint cannot be deleted on its own.

Indeed, the error message could be better. Though it would require each
breakpoint-related function to be enhanced to recognize "N.M" and
say it's not appropriate here.

>  > > 2) I can enable/disable 1 and this appears to enable/disable all the
>  > > locations.
>  > >    Perhap this could be documented in the manual.
>  >
>  > Well yes. Patches welcome ;-)
>
> I don't want to detract from the fact that you have contributed a major
> patch but I think you should document your own changes.  This is also a
> good idea because you understand the changes best.

I've documented them, but you're finding the documentation not good ;-)
Basically, as a practical matter it might take me a long time to get
to any doc edits.

- Volodya