Re: Fedora utrace changes break PPC GDB

Roland McGrath wrote:
> > Thanks for the quick fix!  I'll verify that it works for me as soon as
> > the patches are included in Fedora.  (I'm assuming it is too late for
> > them to get into Fedora 8 at this point, right?)
>
> Yeah, that ship sailed a few days ago.  But there is kernel built already
> (koji.fedoraproject.org) that will be an f8-updates kernel soon, I'd guess
> within a couple of days.

Thanks again!  I've now verified that the ptrace interface works as expected
again with kernel-2.6.23.1-48.fc8.  Unfortunately I ran in a number of separate
issues that caused watchpoints to remain broken on my test system:

- A GDB PPC regression that came in recently.
  This is fixed by http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2007-11/msg00202.html

- A Cell/B.E. specific kernel bug (the DABRX register is not enabled).
  I've got a hack to work around this, and am currently working with the
  Cell kernel team to get a proper fix upstream.

With those two problems fixed in addition to the utrace fix, the watchpoint
related test cases in the GDB test suite pass again.

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE