Re: Question about Dwarf2 for VLIW processor

Dear Joel:

        I am using GDB6.1.1

        GDB did not stop at the wrong location now, but I have see that
the function:

        find_pc_line_pc_range (stop_pc, &step_range_start,
&step_range_end) didn`t work correctly.

       when stop_pc is 0x8000035 the returned value of step_range_start
and step_range_end is

        0x800003c5 and 0x800003cb

        but they should be

        0x800003c5 and 0x800003cf

        I have found all these are because there is something wrong with
the Dwarf2 .debug_line section.
        Now every instruction has a entry in this section, maybe it should
be every c statement.

        Cause I can not modify compiler or assembler now, So I want to
know How can I solve this problem
        just within GDB.

        Thanks.

Wang Jiong

  tel:2254

Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>
2007-11-08 03:16

wangjiong@sunnorth.com.cn
cc
gdb@sourceware.org
Subject
Re: Question about Dwarf2 for VLIW processor

It usually helps to know which version of GDB you are using, just in
case we know the problem is already fixed in more recent versions.

>       so gdb will think the statement "int i=1" is from 0x800003c5 to
> 0x800003cb which should be 0x800003c5 to 0x800003cf.
>
>       How should I handle this situation, wish your advice .

Can you tell us more about the problem that you have (ie the actual
external symptoms)? Does GDB stop at the wrong location after you
do a "next"?

--
Joel