Re: gdbserver using serial port

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 11:14:13AM +0900, Yoriko Komatsuzaki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask you about gdbserver in case of using serial port.
> In gdb-6.6, if I run gdbserver using serial port, the following messages
> continue and it can't establish the connection to host gdb.

Yes, serial support was broken in gdbserver 6.6.

> % gdbserver /dev/ttyS0 a.out
> Process a.out created; pid = 10696
> Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
>
> So I ran the host gdb and tried to establish the connection between host
> and target, but couldn't establish the connections channel.

Please be more specific.  What does "set debug serial 1" and "set
debug remote 1" before connecting show?

If your console is /dev/ttyS0 and a.out writes to the terminal, you
will need to redirect it, or it will interfere with communication.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery