Re: Fedora utrace changes break PPC GDB

Hi, Ulrich.  Thanks for bringing these problems to my attention.
I have fixed them in "upstream" utrace (http://redhat.com/~roland/utrace/)
and those changes will appear in Fedora update kernels before too long.
I've also added regression tests for them to the ptrace-tests suite
(http://sourceware.org/systemtap/wiki/utrace/tests).

These are not gdb issues at all, just Fedora kernel bugs.  (Any
regression in ptrace ABI behavior of this sort from vanilla Linux kernels
is an unintended bug.)  The normal method is to file Fedora kernel bugs
via https://bugzilla.redhat.com/.  Since you know it's an issue with the
utrace code, the feedback is always appreciated if you want post to the
utrace-devel@redhat.com mailing list about any such issue.

Thanks,
Roland