Re: Problems while debugging fortran

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false.org> writes:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 05:06:54PM +0100, Fran?ois-Xavier Coudert wrote:
>> For the longer term, what do you think is the optimal solution? I'd
>> like to make gfortran, the Fortran front-end in GCC, do The Right
>> Thing, but what is it? Should we add this DW_AT_calling_convention tag
>> for the time being, until the meaning of the DWARF standard is made
>> clearer?
>
> I'll let Jim answer this, though I think it's reasonable.

To be clear: I think the actual code in Carlos's patch is just fine.
The comment, though, should not say things that are simply untrue.
Which is why I suggested a new comment, instead of rejecting the
patch.  Whether or not we like the state of DWARF in this regard, the
comment should correct describes the state of play, no?