[RFC] Add links to cvsweb in ARI pages

  I thought that it would be helpful to
be able to open a specific source file
in the ARI table by just clicking on it.

  I was almost able to do so:
I changed update-web-ari so
that I have a link for ada-exp.y to
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/gdb/ada-exp.y?cvsroot=src
But this is not really what I wanted.

  I wanted a direct link to the current HEAD tagged source.

  Searching information about cvsweb
I found that using rev=. or rev=HEAD
was supposed to work. But when I tried it
for sourceware.org cvsweb it always failed.

  The sources contain this comment
<!-- hennerik CVSweb $Revision: 1.93 $ -->
But I couldn't find where this is coming from.

  I downloaded cvsweb 3.0.6, the latest official
release, available at
http://www.freebsd.org/projects/cvsweb.html

and it seemed to contain specific
code to handle 'rev=.' and 'rev=HEAD'

Would it be possible to update
cvsweb to support this feature?

Pierre Muller

PS: This might not be the most suitable
mailing list to discuss this as
it is not only about gdb but
would have a more general influence
on the whole cvsweb pages of sourceware.org

Daniel, could you forward this to the right
mailing list if you know where it should be discussed?