Re: Support of gdb for Windows 64 native systems

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I propose goind the other way around.  Start by adding the needed configury
bits needed, a mingw.mt file, and disabling the cygwin specific bits in
win32-nat.c around #ifdef __CYGWIN__ blocks.  I'd like to keep the
changes mostly in sync with gdbserver/win32-low.c too, but that shouldn't
be a priority.  We can then peacewise enhance the mingw port and bring
its features up.

We don't need to go that slow.

Sure, but it's the natural way to introduce the new target. I'm not saying it should be done slowly timewise. I'm saying it should start from the bottom up patchwise. It can be submitted in a patch series in the same minute for all I care. The point is, we shouldn't be looking at a patch and deciding what we *don't* need; we should be looking at what we have, and deciding what we *do* need.

--
Cheers,
Pedro Alves