gdb-6.6 mingw port hangs after Ctrl-C

Dear GDB community,

With cygwin GDB I used to abandon the remote target by twice typing
Ctrl-C.

I would like to switch to the gdb-6.6 mingw port, because that does not
need any cygwin dlls.
But here I ran into a hang:

(gdb) c
Continuing.
<twice Ctrl-C goes here>
Interrupted while waiting for the program.
Give up (and stop debugging it)? (y or n) y
<hang>

Maybe someone with a better understanding of gdb sources can give me a
hint on how to overcome this issue.

I've tried to debug into gdb, but the Ctrl-C is intercepted by the GDB I
use to debug. (Any Idea how I can make GDB stop intercepting Ctrl-C?)

Regards, Roland