Re: MIPS 64 bit addressing query

Thanks everyone for the details. Its still difficult to figure out
where the sign extension should happen.

We have a mips64 target but run mips32 binaries on the target.
The addresses are 32 bits in the executable file they are just loaded
into the symbol table as 32 bit addresses.

When the breakpoint is hit, symbol address from the symbol table is
not sign extended (bpt->address) and compared to sign extended program
counter which seems to cause the problem.

Does the sign extension happen when the addresses are stored in the
breakpoint structure in (set_raw_breakpoint) or even earlier when the
symbols are read from the executable ?

Thanks
Vinod.