Re: What's an annex? stratum?

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Dewar <dewar@adacore.com> writes:

 Robert> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 03:19:32PM -0400, Paul Koning wrote:
 >> That's really unfortunate.  Comments in code are useful but they
 >> are no substitute for properly written internals documentation.

 Robert> I disagree, properly arranged comments in the code can most
 Robert> certainly serve as internals documentation, and have a FAR
 Robert> better chance of being kept up to date. I am opposed to
 Robert> having separate internals documentation, I think it is much
 Robert> better to have this in the source files.

Usual practice is for source comments to be local explanation, not
global explanation.

But in any case, if internals documentation existed in the sources,
I'd be a happy camper.

    paul