Re: DELAYED: GDB 6.7 branch creation scheduled June 25th

> Perhaps I should have emhasised the words "where's the gain".  That was
> my real question.  Please don't be quite so cynical.

To which I thought I had answered: Lots of improvements that will
benefit many users. Just the NEWS sections is longer than I remember
it to ever be. I'm sorry if you think that I'm cynical, but I'm not.

> I'm just drawing it to your attention as release manager and,

Point taken.

In terms of learning from this thread: I interpreted your questions
as vague general questions and I couldn't understand the motivation
behind them. So I answered accordingly. Maybe I was naive, maybe I
misinterpreted. But it doesn't matter. What matters is that you know
how I operate, now.  So if you tell us right from the beginning what
it is that you need, and why, we will answer your request a lot faster.

> through this forum, hopefully to the attention of others.

I'm sorry, but I think you're using the wrong communication channel.
Pinging the relevant parties on gdb-patches should be a lot more
effective.

--
Joel