RE: Setting registers

On 18 June 2007 13:01, Indira wrote:

> I just want to set the esp, eip and ebp registers and print backtrace.
> Can i do so while debugging a core file?

  I thought I'd seen those values of ($sp+8) and ($sp+36) before.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2007-04/msg00146.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2007-04/msg00148.html

  What is it with you?  You asked this exact same stuff back in April, now
apparently you didn't believe the answer you were given so you've come back
under a false name to ask the exact same thing again.

    cheers,
      DaveK